20100727

Random: USNS Comfort

USNS Comfort 24"x18" Acrylic on Canvas

Some might know that I'm currently working towards a degree in the arts, and while I haven't quite worked out just what I'll be specializing in for the degree, I have been enjoying the creative ride so far.  Unfortunately, creative classes were put on hold for the summer, and I found myself struggling for motivation and ideas for a long time.  Luckily, inspiration comes in many forms, and thanks to an Art History course, I've begun to jump back onto the creative bandwagon.  It started with a few sketches during class, then a couple more finished drawings, and as of this weekend a full painting!

Overall it only took a night plus to finish.  It's all very loose and very gestural, which made it a pleasure to paint as you don't get bogged down with making things "perfect", allowing for more freedom to dance around the canvas with the brush as you go.  It's acrylic paint, so I was able to jump from spot to spot in short order with the help of a hair dryer to help speed things up.  

It's not wargaming, but it's painting!  And I thought it would be fun to share something different from the same creative vein.  Anyone else out there have any non-wargaming creations?