20090429

Strathmore Paper Palette

After using a folded up document protector for about 6 months, featured in the Portable Paint Set Tip, I started looking around for other options that were indeed MADE for painting! This lead me to scouring my wife's college bookstore for the art supplies section. At first I looked at getting my hands on some oil paints, maybe some new brushes. But then I happened upon this unassuming product. A simple exterior, mundane and unassuming. Just sitting there next to the sketchbooks and canvas. On a whim, I picked it up, and decided these would get a chance as a member of my paint kit.


After using these for a while, I've come to really love them. They aren't for making your paints last a long time, as the paint is obviously open to drying on the flat surface. But on the go, you have a nice water resistant, opaque, disposable palette on hand that you can fold up and fit in next to no space. It is paper thin after all!


If you're in the market for a cheap mobile alternative to your hard plastic palettes, I highly recommend you give these a try! I haven't gone back to my document protectors since!

1 comment:

  1. I have been using a windsor & newton pad lately and I love it, makes it so much easier! no more messy clean up just tear off the sheet and pop it in the bin. good stuff I say.

    ReplyDelete

Comments