20100831

Open Discussion: New Tools/Tricks

 
With my Beastman model, I've been using a lot of new ideas and tools.  Stepping out of an army paint or squad paint project, I've opened myself up to new techniques and ways of working that I wouldn't have felt comfortable doing on a larger project!


With the Beastmen Champion, I've used green stuff to help model the base on a wood block that was chopped down with a dremel, paid more attention to lighting with the paint than I ever have before on a model, used small flowers found at the craft shop to flourish the base even more, and I'm continuing my use of dry pigments that I'm still learning the ins and outs of!  I've even brought a lot of the color thought process I use during regular canvas painting to the table for this model!  The best part is that I've used all of these new techniques and I'm not even done!

I thought it might make for good conversation to hear what some of you might be trying out for the first time on your latest modeling and painting projects!  It also might help you get some additional advice on the best way to use it.

So let's hear it!  What are you using right now that is still new to you?